Saturday 5 May 2012

No. 95: Yellow mellow


I took a quick trip around Stand Moers Park to see what I could find; more specifically, I walked along the brook embankment. I was finding it hard to find a subject other than dead brambles, nettles and old pram wheels, but eventually I found this solitary wild flower standing out amongst the shade provided by the tree's. With the brown background of the brooks water, this little gem stood out a mile. I think it's a Welsh Poppy. I also got a chance to try out my new flash gun, which helped enormously in creating a soft light amongst the shade.

As I journeyed further down the brook a came across a tree that was covered in some sort of furry moss; it looked as if the tree had been given some furry green pyjamas for Christmas. As I was taking a few more shots of the well dressed Ash, I heard a snap behind me. As I turned around to see what was behind me I saw what I thought was a dog, at a second glance I was surprised to find it was a fox, and in its mouth a freshly caught rabbit. I couldn't turn my camera around fast enough, however, I was too slow and the little orange feller disappeared into the undergrowth.

'til tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected