Thursday 2 February 2012

No. 2: Motor-No-Way


The M57 never looked so dazzling. On my jaunt with my pooch Henry around the park with the light fading I didn't find anything inspiring other than a few old stumps and dog plop; which in the right light they might make for interesting visual's, however in the dimming, grey non-sky that graces us in February inspiration was sparse.

As my journey came to a close and I thought all was lost, the M57 came to my aide. I had planned to shoot a road scene at night at some point. Keeping the shutter speed to "timed" and using the remote control I kept the shutter open for about 30 seconds. I would like to try this again at a location where the whole scene is lit up but, I'm quite pleased with the result as it's the first time I've tried this.

Anyway glad I made it home safe as walking around the park at dusk/night with m'big lens in these parts could be risky! Anyway 'til tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot Ian! Need to have another go at this, last time I tried I had traffic slowing down thinking I was a copper / speed trap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks matey, that thought had crossed my mind, but I think it was too dark for them to see. I think the drivers on the bridge I took it from thought as was up to no good though! I like where the indicators show up on the pic, they look like tracer fire being shot from an angry driver.

      Delete

Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected